Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do the makeup artists at the Macy's makeup counters give a hard sell or a soft sell during makeovers?

do they really push you to buy something after the makeover? and how have they done it in your experience? this is for a class assignment so any answer would be of great help to me!Do the makeup artists at the Macy's makeup counters give a hard sell or a soft sell during makeovers?
As an employee of the Origins counter at Macys I will say that no matter what day it is we ALWAYS push our products. You have to understand that we get commisionof of our sales. Salary starts at 9 an hour, not verymuch when youre living onyour own, commision is 5% of all sale that week. So when someone comes in for a makeover, its kind of an unspoken rule that the customer should buy at least one product that we used. It makes sense though because why wouldnt you want to create the fabulous look your make up artist has created for you? I know that when I finish a makeover i have a real sense of accomplishment if I can get that person to buy at least half the product that I have used. Keep in mind also that while your sitting in that chair the make up artist is giving you their time and attention to bring out your most beautiful features as well as trying to teach you something about makeup, so in return the best way to say thank you is to at least but 2 items they have used and listen to their advice. All that being said, it is ALWAYS a hard sell, but if you feel you are being pushed to hard or the make up artist is being nasty with you ask for someone else or say ';Ill have to walk around and see how this feels on me before i decide I will be back though'; and go back another time.Do the makeup artists at the Macy's makeup counters give a hard sell or a soft sell during makeovers?
Hard sell. They work on commission! They'll also tell you to buy products you don't even need. They are NOT thinking of the customer, just their pocket books.
My sister had a makeover for free at Macys once. They really helped her with her makeup (I was there) and they helped her choose good colors for her foundation, eye shadow, and lipstick. It was more of a helpful makeover rather than a 'please buy something afterwards' deal. It was a good experience and FREE.
Clearly it is a hard sell. They are not going to use their expensive products on you to have you walk away not having bought anything, especially at the high-end counters with better makeup like MAC.
I've only had one, but the girl kept raving how this whole regime made my skin glow and how I looked ';vibrant'; and ';radiant' and she kept flourishing the mirror at me so I could admire her work. Even though I told her that I like the natural look, she went for the ';glam'; look she had in mind and then told me that I should have some of her products in my arsenal for ';those special times.'; When I told her I wanted to show my husband my new look before I decided what to buy she told me maybe I should just take the blusher to ';touch up the look'; to convince him.





Hope this helps you.
no they just tell you everything they use
Hard sell. Common sense. They're there to SELL.
its al just a marketing strategy- do you honestly think hey'd waste valuable time and money doing makeovers if the final aim wasnt to get persons to purchase? answer is yes indeed they persuade yu into buying the products..
yes
The counter clerks have to hard sell their products - it's cosmetic sales and most of them do work on commission. Their job is to make you want the product. They could be really good at putting it on, but If they are not good at suggestive sales and don't try hard to sell you something then they probably won't last very long at their job.
I've only had one, but the girl kept raving how this whole regime made my skin glow and how I looked ';vibrant'; and ';radiant' and she kept flourishing the mirror at me so I could admire her work. Even though I told her that I like the natural look, she went for the ';glam'; look she had in mind and then told me that I should have some of her products in my arsenal for ';those special times.'; When I told her I wanted to show my husband my new look before I decided what to buy she told me maybe I should just take the blusher to ';touch up the look'; to convince him.





Hope this helps you.
I dont know..but one time they tried to at Belks and I wasnt even sitting at their table..so..I wonder if they tell you about what you will look like after the makeover wears off?I wonder what guys think about when they wake up next to a heavily made up girl and see her without her face on..thats soo gross I bet..sorry but Im not into all the make up..natural beauty here..but i gave you an answer..you do need all sides of the story dont you for your class asignment?Good Luck!
I recently went to MAC to get my makeup done for my birthday night out.. and i called to setup an appt and they told me there was a $40.00 minimum that you had to buy. I got my makeup done (it was awesome!) and just bought one item since i am a regular MAC customer and didnt see anything else i needed... i only paid $25ish dollars... i think they say that just so you dont assume they dont always do it for free... man if they did... id be there every friday night...hehe... =)
They will say anything to make you feel good about yourself. These makeup artist are not there to sell product, they are there to boast your confidence.
umm just tell them fu i just came for a free make over :P get up and live!!
usually they never leave you alone so hard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream