Thursday, December 3, 2009

How come when A ';pro'; does my makeup at a makeup counter, i end up looking like a circus clown?

they aren't pros. they're disgruntled underpaid people who don't care anymore. most of the gals i see at the cosmetics counters are teenagers, too. i sure wouldn't trust a teen's opinion on something like that!How come when A ';pro'; does my makeup at a makeup counter, i end up looking like a circus clown?
I thought the same thing when I got my makeup done at a Clinque counter. I thought ';my goodness I look like a whore!'; LOL All I wanted was a natural look.





Maybe they get carried away...How come when A ';pro'; does my makeup at a makeup counter, i end up looking like a circus clown?
Lol, these are usually untrained sales people whose job is to sell you products. Perhaps they think the more they put on you, the more you'll buy ... who knows? Next time you get your makeup done, be very specific about how you want to look. And pay attention to the person's makeup, if they are really heavy handed on themselves, you might end up that way too. Get your makeup done by someone who you like their makeup.
you so right! I always end up looking like a clown when they do it!! I stopped going for them
ever notice how they're mostly all ugly?





well maybe they see someone pretty and young and hate them for it, and hope you (being young and naive - or at least THEY thinnk so...) will take their horrible advice, and thats one less person they have to compare themselves to.





:-D
Honestly, it depends where you go. You have to be careful as to which counter you go to. I recommend Benefit, Chanel and Christian Dior. Additionally, when you choose an artist, look at her makeup. If she looks great, clearly she has talent. Ask how long she's been working there, and been in the industry, etc.





Critty: I resent that. I'm a manager at a counter and that is NOT how my girls are allowed to approach their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream