Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do you get into working at a makeup counter like Dior, MAC, etc.?

How does one get into it? Just go up to them and apply if I have sales experience and a working interest in cosmetology?How do you get into working at a makeup counter like Dior, MAC, etc.?
Go to Beauty school and get an internship.How do you get into working at a makeup counter like Dior, MAC, etc.?
look hot =]
you just go up to them and apply...with mac they will have to do a make up test to see your skill on applying make up...like they will have you do make up a certain way...you have to at least know how to do make up well to some degree...not pro but i mean your basic blending etc. and then they will send you to this training and will show you how to do all the make up looks that are in for the season etc.
You are not required to have sales experience, especially right now that they are getting ready for Christmas. However, they all provide classes before you start. I suggest that you find out from one of the salespeople. For your interview, wear designer look clothes and look your best. You will get the job for sure-
Well for the most part, I kept an eye on the department store websites' employment section. When I saw they were hiring in the cosmetics dept I applied. I interviewed for a counter that I wasn't really interested in, so the manager and I talked about just waiting it out...to see how soon the line I wanted was hiring. (it's MAC, btw) so I called her back a couple months later on the off chance they were hiring and sure enough...they were. It took a total of 4 interviews (including a makeup demo) but I got the job with MAC. HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream