Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make Up Counter Employees. How do you get a job working for a makeup counter like MAC or Clinique?

I won a trip to NYC. Had a photoshoot and will be in a magazine in January issue. Anyway, the makeup artist made me feel sooooo beautiful! I want to do that for women too. My question is, how do I get a job working at a Make Up counter like MAC or Clinique, Channel, etc. Do I need to be a certified makeup artist if it's in the Mall? Any suggestions would help me!





stardustMake Up Counter Employees. How do you get a job working for a makeup counter like MAC or Clinique?
I'm not a makeup artist, but my mom is and she's been working for a makeup company since I was a little girl.





To work at MAC you must be a makeup artist because of the dramatic and funky looks they do. You would have to get your cosmetology degree to work there.





To work at Clinique or Chanel, you don't have to be. My mom worked for Dior for awhile [now she works at Clarins], but she wasn't a makeup artist yet when she worked there. She works at the mall and some people who work for Chanel and Clinique are definitley NOT makeup aristis. Just go into a deprartment store like Macys and apply for a job. Usually there happy for you to be there. There a lot of fun to work for [I've been around it my whole like practically!] and I think you'd enjoy it alot.Make Up Counter Employees. How do you get a job working for a makeup counter like MAC or Clinique?
You don't have to be a certified makeup artist. Just be good at applying make up and know what colors go with what. Practice on yourself a lot at home and then go apply at the mall.
You apply, just like any other job. You don't need to be a certified artist they send you to their own school every so often. Its not a bad gig. But if you want to do makeup and not sell makeup, then you follow different channels. These companies also employ their own makeup artists specifically to travel and do makeovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream